Friday, January 29, 2021

It is enough

My mantra today. I did enough and the best that I could do. Virtual learning has been a challenge this week. Staying on task with homework, uploading, assessments, getting the kids out of the house, maintaining the house (except for laundry). I decided to take a break from classes for a few months because my 5 year is falling through the cracks and my 3 year old starting pre-school in person. The growth of our family has been tenfold. New schools, new jobs, and new goals. I am constantly telling my kids that patience is a virtue. Oh boy, do I need aome of that with a 5 year old doing vurtual learning and myself sitting with her. I have to catch myself when I am yelling to complete a task. I had to walk away this afternoon after I was about to say something nasty.
I find myself wearing down from having eveeyone at home for almost a year during the pandemic. I am not liking all this coziness. We used to get breaks from each other while kids were in school and hubby at work. Now, we step over each other during breaks, or meals. Creating hew patterns of behavior takes time. I have remind myself to give myself grace and my familu grace because they dont have the breaks they are used to. And, the babies schedules have shifted. No longer babies. Big girls ready to be independent. I have to be patient to let them do things in their pace, their learning style and just nudge when they get distracted. I am extremely grateful I have the flexibiltiy to change my work schedule as my family's needs change. We are navigating through unchartered territory. I am looking forward to our new destistination.

No comments:

Post a Comment