Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Amazing grace!!

I am a sinner. I am human. I am a wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend and a teacher. I have been spared my life on more than one occasion. I have witnessed miracles in my own life and in others. The power of prayer has no limits. HE saved us so we could live in his glory. I proclaim his name because even when I fail him on a daily basis, he still loves me. Stubborn, prideful, cussing like a sailor, me. Yesterday, the wind was knocked out of me as the doctor cancelled , my surgery and asked me to come into the office to discuss my treatment plan. I thought of course, it was Bad Bad news. I was in a bad mood all morning. Taking it out on my poor husband. He just told me, he was there for me and I had cloudy vision and hearing. When I got the news, he just hugged me so tightly and kissed my shoulder over twenty times.I could feel his shoulders release his burden.

He is private in his faith, religion and prayer are usually instigated by me or the girls. He looked at me and adjusted his body while saying it is AAAAMAZING MIRACLE!!!

The girls were confused!!! I had to repeat the news to them a few times. My oldest could not leave my side. She asked if she could stay with me all night.

I'm still in shock. Amazed and thankful. My mind digresses and I think of my girlfriend, Alva. She fought so hard to battle breast cancer. She holds a special place in my heart. I dream about her and sometimes have randomness reminders of her as I go through my day. I feel her presence all the time. I have the need to tell her out loud. I know she can hear it.

When I shared my news with family and friends, one of my HL Mamas, texted me back.  It resonates in my mind. HE  has lots left here for you. Then, later in the day,  my oldest said to me when after we ate dinner. Daddy would not be able to function without you. OMG! This from my 11 year old.

I have more time. To be a wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend. I need to make it count. Everyday!!! I challenge myself to live with the Grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment