Monday, May 13, 2013

Expect the unexpected

The weekend started out with highs and of course naturally there were lows. But, the lows of the weekend are a great way to reflect on my personal expectations of life, parenthood and marriage. I get on these tangents of discussion with friends, the hubs and the kids. I always want more, MORE and more. I expect perfection and others to do what I would do. BOY, I am wrong. Everyone does not process the world we live in the way we do. I can't expect anything. I keep my expectations low, everytime! That way, when I am surprised by the hubs cleaning the stove without me asking, Crys making me breakfast, my Mommy sending Crys texts reminders to make me a smoothie a, my MIL giving me a purse and Cate saying "I'm sorry" it makes me realize all the blessings I have in my life. I'd like to do so many things in a day. While my mind still races every morning, my body tells me otherwise. I'd like to visit places and buy things, take walks on the beach in far away places, form new relationships with foreign lands and yet there are limitations beyond my control. I read a passage from a book my friend gave me at bible study. It was beautiful...
                         I need to focus on his Divine love to get me through my challenges, I need to let him
                             do his plan without insisting my plan...


I guess, it's easier said than done. I try everyday. I sing my praises to him. For another day, another sunrise, for my home (although traces of two girls and a husband). I thank HIM for my many blessings. Even the tantrums the kids give me in the morning when they are tired from a full weekend. A text from the hubs to run an errand. Because I have them..they make the best of who I am; my world go round! And, around! LOL

















No comments:

Post a Comment