Friday, May 24, 2013

Island

The thought of vacation is very tempting and with school almost out for the year it seems fitting. The girls and I are worn out. I'm thinking creatively to have the girls busy for the summer and be cost effective. They don't answer my questions. I don't have a plan. I want to plan so bad. And, such I dream of an island. A far away place of solitude to renew my spirit and body. As I lay on the floor contemplating this dark place in my head. I'm thinking death. I'm might not have another opportunity to go to another island in my bucket list. Oh well I think. I've got my memories of going to Hawaii with friends and family. It was fun!!!

Beyond fun... It was memorable. I love the feeling of sand on the beach, the sun beaming on my face, hearing the waves of the water and laughter of those I love as the water crashes onto their feet.

The beach has always been a place of comfort for me. I didn't go a lot when I was a kid but when my parents wanted crabs, we went to Redondo Beach. Ahhh!!! Decades worth of memories. As an adult, I bring my children to Redondo beach pier for crabs and they have as much fun as I did as a kid.
I'm torn between a rock and a hard place. I'm looking for peace and tranquility. The thoughts of my head racing and trying to foresee a future. It's blurry. The unknown is scary. I stare at the
ceiling in the mornings starting over and trying to understand the meaning of life. I'm on an island. Alone. To my thoughts. I seek comfort in prayer because HE tells me that HE walks with me.

Footprints....






No comments:

Post a Comment