Friday, May 10, 2013

Random kindness

This weekend has been an eye opening to the numerous blessings in my life. The basic needs of a human being is security, food, shelter and emotional connections.
When life's moments hit you with a jolt, you re-examine everything. What's important. You have choices in life that you make. We prioritize based on our needs. And, what I focus on today is random acts of kindness. Why? I get this itch to do it. And, it has an exponential effect.
I hold a door for an elderly couple. I let a car pass me by who is in a hurry. I send thank you notes to those who have shared this journey with me called Life. It is those connections I have with family and friends who lift my spirits. I call them the random acts of kindness and I feel the need to reciprocate to random people. And, again, why? Because...it's the right thing to do. And, in this crazy cruel world. We all need reminders on a daily basis to give us hope.








No comments:

Post a Comment