Saturday, May 4, 2013

Presence=present

What a whirlwind of information has been given to me in the last 3 days. Literally, the wind knocked me, my family and what I realized was the people that care for me OFF OUR FEET!! You know that feeling that you can't shake off? WELL, LISTEN TO IT!! It's GOD talking to us. We go through life thinking, it won't happen to me. Then, it happens to me, your mother, father, brother, sister from another mother, bestie, BFF, lover, anyone close to you. And, BAM!!! It hits you like a brick wall! I always wondered why people used cliches. Well, now I realized why...sometimes, you try to relay a message but the most efficient way to describe a situation to someone who has not  gone through what you have gone is use a cliche...They can kinda understand based on their meaning of the cliche.



One of my good friends reminded me the importance of writing down your thoughts. It's a way to vent out your feelings,  a way to communicate to our loved ones when they don't see the signs of frustration and lends a way to reach out to people near or far and touch these people's lives. I say this because I never saw myself as a writer in grammar school, in fact, I couldn't stand language arts. I sucked in it, I struggled with it. English was not my first language, it wasn't the primary language  used at home. And yet, today, 35 years later, I love language arts. I love reading to escape, I love writing letters, email, sending texts, writing notes to my kids and hubby. It's probably one of things that I used to escape early on in life. I would write letters to myself in the form of DEAR DIARY. As, I look at my previous writing, which I have kept, somewhere in some dusty pink box at my parents house, I LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! It is something I can share with my girls and the world around me. I've been talking to GOD all this time. He has been my ultimate best friend! And, I ignored him for years. I paid more attention to worldly things. I GOT sucked in. DARN it! I knew better. I went to catholic school for 12 years. Little did I know, he was paving a way to my heart! He was always there, leaving an imprint in me, through me and for his greater good.


You come into life through the womb of your mother (this bouncing asian looking baby with so much hair, they don't know where it ends). And, you grow physically, emotionally, spiritually and all the while our master's plan is unfolding. His plan always prevails. We are born into a family, we don't make the choice, it is what is BUT there is a purpose. I've come to see my purpose. I am suppose to be a testament of his love. And, like a parent, sometimes, we have to let our children experience life, as painful as it is, let the children go through it so it makes them stronger. I think I may have moved up the ladder in the hierarchy of needs (can't remember the psychologist who made up that darn theory). I've made peace with my life. I give it up to HIM. I am fervent in my desire to be in HIS presence because today is a PRESENT. Relish it, open it with glee, and hold on to what is important. Don't worry about the future and don't harp on the past. Focus on the present moment because it is a gift. Love yourself, each other and be kind to each other, it's a cruel world out there.
















No comments:

Post a Comment