Thursday, August 29, 2013

Summer passing with a fresh start

A new school year is bitter sweet. It's a reminder a season is ending. Our family enjoys the summer feasts of bbqs, beach days and swimming until the evening. The start of a new school year jumps start the fall season. FALL BACK INTO OUR ROUTINE. The kids adjusted well for the first week. While I can't seem to keep composure. I too am back to school, teaching more regularly.  Grading, creating lesson plans, writing my grant proposals and balancing life and household.


I had a moment of enlightenment when in class last night a student mentioned how she was sad, she is not able to have the conversations she once had with her children. Life as a working mom and attending school full time have limited her ability to engage in her children's lives. And, how fortunate I am. To be able to partake in my kids everyday life. I felt guilty almost...that I have the opportunity and yet I still sometimes complain.  I am truly blessed, I can drop off my kids, take them a special first day of school lunch, pick them up and make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment