Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Why you gotta be so rude?

I'm completely singing the song Rude in my head by MAGIC. And, I laugh because my cousin dedicated it to her husband. Apparently, their 20 year old got engaged and Dad wasn't nice to the young man that asked for permission to marry his daughter (Lol). There's always a story behind someone's actions.

There was an incident that occurred to me and my daughter where in an older woman was completely rude to my daughter at the community we live in. And, I was so upset that I had to approach this woman. She was on her high horse that my child was not following rules. And, my response to her was she didn't have to be rude about it. She disagreed. So, I naturally did when someone tries to attack my cub. I go into Mama bear mode. And, I suggest to her that she could be a better example to children. This pear shaped lady is obviously unhappy and has to transfer her hate toward my child. It was also obvious she was racist because of remark when I walked away.
We breed racism and hatred in homes. It is a learned behavior and not genetic. For example: Watch a small child play with another child. They don't judge another child based on their color, eyes, hair color or body shape. I used this as a teachable moment for my kids.

Our behavior inside and outside of the home is a reflection of us. We are taught by Christ to step back when we are emotional and act in the name of Christ. I pray for this lady. Who needs it. She preys on a child to make herself feel better. It is in forgiveness we are resurrected. It is showing my child that I will protector her as long as I am alive. I am her Mama Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment