Sunday, July 20, 2014

Containment

I've just believe that naysayers are the way they are because they feel insecure or they are jealous. What if these naysayers are the ones you live with in the same home? What do you do then? I grew up with a naysayer. I married one. I have child who doesn't even hear my question and on auto pilot says "no". I am a "yes" person. I say yes, too much. I paint a green picture for most things until it gets painted red. I believe to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm told I live in lala land. And, if I do, is that bad? Is that how I cope with stress. This helps find solutions and think outside the box.
A girlfriend told me look around you. There is always a balance. For every situation you see a balance. When I pondered about what she said, its true. I married my opposite. In every sense. And, when he and I talk. He says we have nothing in common. But, I disagree. We do because how were we able to find conversation pieces for 10 years and not have a common place. I think now we are so comfortable in our relationship we "expect the other person to be like us". And, what happens next is almost like a hurricane. It sweeps you over and shakes the living life out of you.
What do I do next? How can I compromise? Who is right? Well, I can answer the last question. Me!! LOL!! I am always right. My husband retorts. I rebut, Yes honey you were right. In my head, "I told you I was right." I choose my battles. But, my husband's perspective is much different. He processes things systematically. Almost like a machine. There is no room for errors or operating outside of the standard. What did I expect, he's prior military. He's disciplined in many more ways than I am. He can withstand my yelling and ranting. He can go a thousand miles in the same pair of shoes. He can eat same kind of turkey sandwich everyday for 10 years. He can go 4 hours of sleep and drive 100 miles everyday for 15 years. And, lives it everyday like ground hogs day.
This is how I compromise. I greet him with a smile. If I'm tired I lay down next to him. I write him cute notes and be silly. If you saw us. You wouldn't understand why we are together. I am the chatter box. He is the quiet one mad dogging anyone who looks at me or my daughters. The protective one. I tell him he is my "bulldog". He looks like he'd tear you to pieces and rip your heart out if you pet him. But, if you come face up staring at his eyes and show your hands. He will roll over and drool. Literally!! Haha...no not literally. He does giggle like a girl. Whines more about affection and "Huggie Wuggies" than any other man. When I pet him...ooops caress him. He does soften up. He says that I mess with his head and could get anything out of him. There is some truth to what he says. I've seen him go to the moon and back for his family. And, to this I am glad. He is not contained. He has overflowed my expectations when I least expected. He has opened up our home to friends and family in need. He has cooked, cleaned and bathed me when I was unable to physically. And his heart has engulfed my baby girl that I sometimes forget he missed her first 3 years of life. I am blessed to have my beloved. The container and all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment