Tuesday, July 22, 2014

How much is enough?

I'm having difficulty identifying my balance. It's constantly changing based on my life events. Tides are shifting. My needs and wants are in conflict. I have these goals that I want to attain and I am inpatient. I want results and expect them. How much is cosidered healthy and balanced? I guess I define it. And, how do I draw a conclusion from it. Better living. Working at sustaining happiness. How is this achieved? By lowering my expectations, allowing myself to patient with me, creating healthy dialogue, finding new opportunities and setting goals. I can achieve balance through an artful measure. I can identify steps of action. Reassess those steps to make sure they are achieving my goal. Do it everyday. Live it and set reminders. Give myself rewards. Surround myself around positive people who can help me become balanced. 


With change comes growth. It requires perseverance and patience. We won't attain it if we stop. In the end, I benefit. If I am whole, I can be a better person and make a difference.
I asked my 10 year old if its better to be happy or better to comfortable with what you have. She said if I can't be both. Then, I choose happiness. I see her maturity in her eyes and words. She looks me straight in the eye and tells me. I want you to feel happy. 


I reflect on what has happened in the last year. Pressures on managing a household, starting a new business and starting a new lifestyle has been manageble. What I pray for is guidance on determining balance without continuing to neglect myself. I am worthy of being taken care of. I should always keep that in mind. If respect myself, my temple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment