Friday, July 18, 2014

Sunsets

What I love about the end of the day are sunsets. We can reflect on the day. We can appreciate the beautiful colors that paint the sky. I love a walk in the evening. It reminds me of the infinite love God for us. We aren't promised another day. But, if we are lucky we get another chance the next day to thank God for our blessings.

I have been working on 1000 gifts. The decision was based on my current state of complaining. Unhappy with my weight, my home, my children's tantrums, my whining husband about finances and hearing myself whine to the point of exhaustion. All the time!

I've had this journal my older brother got me 2 years ago and not surprising I didn't write in it. I don't take time to relax and meditate. I wake and immediately think of my endless list of tasks. And, check my email. And, it's distracting me from starting my day off right. I've made a commitment to myself  for my 40th birthday to start new things. I want to reinvent every aspect in my life. I have begun steps in the last 2 weeks. I've started exercising again regularly. I've purchased healthier foods. Created more meals at home. Balanced my chi with meditation each day. And, what a difference it has made.

I am a nicer person because of these changes. I'm not where I'm exactly hoping to be. But, I've stopped  or least complained less. I have acted  toward my goals. I've accomplished more. I've recruited others to so the same. And, I am hoping this sticks. My calendar is a daily reminder. I just can't "dismiss" the reminders. 

This is a glimpse of my sun-sets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment