Thursday, July 10, 2014

Highlights

Highlights are generally glimpses of a story. It gives a sense of what has occured to the reader. I think pictures provide highlights of someone's life.

A journal can do the same as well. It's been a month of cleansing for me and my family. New beginnings with transitions in our home. How well we deal with them is a different story. It's been quite bumpy for us. In fact, extremely bumpy. We have had emotional ups and downs. Life doesn't always provide you the outcomes we expect. In fact, it can be cruel. Down right. People will talk behind your back, stab you in the back and act like your not important.  And, it could be the closest to you. The one you least expect.

And, what do you do and how do you react? I guess it all depends on the specific situation. But, for me I get stuck on principal. Treat others with RESPECT, LOVE and EQUALITY. I walk into Barnes and Noble... why is it we can be courteous to strangers? But, hardest to treat the ones close to us with that same courtesy? Mind blowing.

I am mindful to watch my tongue. Be patient with my little ones and use appropriate language. The battle is something I work toward on a daily basis.

What I have learned is that I let others create a reaction from me. And, I need to let things go. I can find ways to de-stress. I can restore my happy place. I can chose my attitude. And, I can be content to "be". I know with this year starting my 4th decade, I am more comfortable to share my thoughts, insist my ways but I also more confident and more willing to improve my well being. All aspects of it: physical, intellectual, environmental, social and spiritual.

Here is to creating highlights that are positive the rest of the summer. I want to see the reds and gold when I walk in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment