Saturday, August 22, 2015

Inside out

Have you seen the movie inside out? If you have children, it's a cute movie to see how our early experiences in life help create our memories and feelings in long term and short term memory bank.

When I look back at the memories of my own childhood, I remember glimpses of our summer days. The ones that truly stick out are the endless days of running the streets of my neighborhood in the suburb of Los Angeles. Walking to our local 7-11 convenience store and taking the bus to now the non existent Gemco.  Our family vacations consisted of road trips to Seattle, San Francisco and Calgary to visit family. We didn't have much growing up with 4 kids and going to private school  but my parents worked hard to give us the necessities and some awesome road trips. 

I'm always curious to see what sticks out in my children's  memories. The talks we had this summer were about the camping trips we took with family friends, family vacations, weekend getaways and day trips along with their funny moments during those times.

For a few years now, we have had a beach bash to end the summer and get ready  for the new school year. What a day it was! From watching a Segall swooping in the ocean to catch a fish to having my heart jump out when my child was not within eye sight for 45 minutes. There were in between sweet moments of finding sand dollars, watching the 1 year old playing the sand which are etched in my mind while I watched the sunset.





No comments:

Post a Comment