Monday, August 10, 2015

Oh Baby!

It's been months since I last blogged. I had unfinished drafts because so much has happened. Oh boy!  Life has taken a turn. I am now a mother of 3 girls. Never in my wildest dreams after all my health issues over the last 8 years would I have another child. Let alone healthy.








And, so I introduce Baby Cakes...just kidding BABY CAIRA NATALIE LOMELI. And, she has been such a blessing to our family and friends. She has been welcomed and showered with so much love. Literally! It is so mind blowing how much a baby can transform so many lives. How in the midst of mourning the loss of my Grandma, this tiny life breathes new life into our own.

I was afraid to tell my older girls and my family when I was pregnant because I wasn't sure if they would be happy. And, my girls' first reaction was less than pleasant. They were MAD as heck! I was told that I ruined their lives. That I couldn't possibly handle 3 kids (my mom). And,  as talked it out with them later after their initial shock. Their anger was really fear. It was based on my health issues and would this pregnancy cause further health issues or possibly have health issues because of my thyroid cancer? So I prayed with them. Prayed that my
 baby would be healthy. Prayed that my body could provide a healthy enough environment to carry to full term.

And, here she is...healthy! Carried to full term. Did I have complications? Yes! But, it reminded me that I had to slow down and take care of my baby and myself.

She is now 7 weeks old and we have had some hiccups along the way. No one tells you when you are  over 40 having a baby takes you so much longer to recover. The post partum depression is no joke. And, your energy level and is lower your pains are heightened. Managing three kids is chaotic. Making sure everyone's needs are met. Whether they are 13 yrs, 11 yrs or 1 1/2 months. It has been difficult to balance it all. But, we have gotten through it. And, we are still smiling. Might have some bags to show for the lack of sleep.

I'm learning. To take one day at a time. Count myself blessed. As difficult as it is to be lacking sleep. She is growing leaps and bounds. I found these new sets of moms on social media who share the everyday twinnings of motherhood. Mama say it does not last forever. So cherish the present. And, so far I AM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment